Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Good intentions...



Good intentions... I usually have them.  Do they always get me very far?  No!   But then, I tend to pat myself on the back and give myself a little pep talk.  After all...  I try!

Monday, was my day.  From the moment I woke up, things were going my way.  I was motivated.  I was conquering my to-do list.  I was getting the house whipped up and into shape and I was feeling great about it.  Then I get a call from the school around noon, and that is where my good intentions failed me.  I spent the rest of the day with one kiddo who ended up with an eye issue.  Another kiddo who tried out for the school play and ended up crushed because she wasn't picked.  :(  (Hard lesson to learn when you're only 7.)  Spent the whole next day out of town so we could see the Optometrist, for said eye, and before I know it a day and a half has gone by since I started out with good intentions. 

If only good intentions were just a little bit more helpful.  I surely wouldn't have minded if my good intentions had helped me get caught back up on laundry or maybe if they had worked on cleaning out that one closet I was wanting to get around to, or even just mopping the floor for me.  That would have been helpful.  ;)

Do you all have days like that, where your hopes are high and you've got good intentions for getting things done, and you feel like you are conquering the world and then your day just falls apart and you are left standing there thinking, "What just happened?  I was doing so good". 

Well if you are in the same boat as me, grab an ore and keep paddling, even if some days it feels like you are heading upstream.  I just hope that one of these days, my good intentions finally get the job done.  ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh girl that is like my every day. I always have these grand plans of getting stuff done. Then A needs something or an issue happens. Or I turn on the TV. ::)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have those days quite often :) At least we don't get bored ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have such high hopes when I have a day off of work... I write down all the things I will accomplish when the kids are at school.. then BOOM its time to pick them up and all Ive done is sat on the couch watching my reality tv shows on tivo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate! I have the best of intentions every day but get so easily sidetracked. As mommies, there is always something unexpected coming up. Hope the eye is healing up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes... those good intentions sometimes get lost to reality don't they. I have days like those too. However, a day that works out to be super productive feels that much better after experiencing a not-so-good day.

    Thanks for sharing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. baby animals! oh my gosh! so cute

    ReplyDelete